Selectaglaze recently supplied secondary glazing to the former HQ for the Institution of Civil Engineers.
This beautiful grade II Listed building in Westminster opened in 1913 and was designed by James Miller to be the headquarters for the Institution of Civil Engineers. In 1945 the UNESCO Charter was signed in the Great Hall and most recently, the grandiose room was in the film; ‘Bridget Jones’ Diary The Edge of Reason’. Noise ingress and heat loss from the single glazed primary windows were a concern in the building. Selectaglaze proposed secondary glazing, an ideal solution for Listed buildings as it is a fully reversible and discreet adaptation. Seven openings were treated; the original iron windows had narrow sightlines so the secondary glazing had to reflect this whilst still retaining functionality. The largest of these openings also contained a full roman curve. 22 units were installed with an off-white powder coat to match the primary glazing. Established in 1966 and Royal Warrant Holder since 2004, Selectaglaze is the specialist in the design manufacture and installation of secondary glazing.